Features on the Development Roadmap

Info about the planned features for current and future versions of Stykz
Forum rules
View them here. Make sure you read and agree to abide by the rules before posting.

Re: Features on the Development Roadmap

Postby Jess887cp on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Ah...okay then.
Jess887cp
Elite

Postby Avascar on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 pm

TIP: Pressing Enter will make a new frame ;)
Everyone has something to learn.
Avascar
Getting started

Postby Big Dog Animations on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 pm

I love all the new items and features that will be set in to the new Stykz program! I cant wait! (Really cant) When will the program be released? (I may have missed the post on the release date so sorry if I did...) BTW Your program is the leading innovative software of its kind! LOVE IT! :thumbup:
Big Dog Animations
Getting started

Postby stykzman on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 am

Big Dog Animations wrote:I love all the new items and features that will be set in to the new Stykz program! I cant wait! (Really cant) When will the program be released? (I may have missed the post on the release date so sorry if I did...) BTW Your program is the leading innovative software of its kind! LOVE IT! :thumbup:

Thanks! Actually the next version is a more limited form of what I have here in this topic (which reminds me - I need to update this). You can see the most current info in the Stykz: Rumors and Reignition topic.

EDIT: I updated the The List...
:stykz:
stykzman
Site Admin

Postby Big Dog Animations on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:10 pm

and every figures are now in stk format fix it and do it taht it can read pivot 3 files too
That is going to be effing sweet dude.
Big Dog Animations
Getting started

Postby stykzman on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Big Dog Animations wrote:
and every figures are now in stk format fix it and do it taht it can read pivot 3 files too
That is going to be effing sweet dude.

Who are you quoting? That wasn't something that I said... but Stykz currently lets you import Pivot 3 stks (just not .pivs). Unless you were referring to something else...
stykzman
Site Admin

Postby Apple303 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Alright, I'm pretty sure this time that this was not in the roadmap already XD

When I click on a frame in the timeline, I'd like the ability to go forwards and backwards on the timline simply by pressing the arrow keys until I reselect the stage or click elsewhere, similarly I'd like to hit the Delete key with the frame selected to delete frame I don't want.
Apple303
New User

Postby stykzman on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 am

Apple303 wrote:Alright, I'm pretty sure this time that this was not in the roadmap already XD

When I click on a frame in the timeline, I'd like the ability to go forwards and backwards on the timline simply by pressing the arrow keys until I reselect the stage or click elsewhere, similarly I'd like to hit the Delete key with the frame selected to delete frame I don't want.

Thanks for the suggestions!

In Stykz right now you can use the keyboard for frame navigaton by typing a period ( . ) to move forward one frame and comma ( , ) to move back one frame. These map to what's shown on the keyboard as < and >, you just don't have to hold down the Shift key (although it works if you hold it down anyway).

I'll consider the arrow key idea too, but right now because of the multiple palettes it's hard to tell visually what window has the focus - so unless you are acting directly on a palette (by clicking, or a field on a palette has the insertion point blinking), Stykz always refocuses on the Stage. So typing the arrow keys or the Delete key will triger Stage-related actions of nudging selected figure(s) a pixel at a time (or 10 pixels if you hold down the Shift key), or deleting selected figure(s).

When we have the single-window mode in place, this is even more of an issue - perhaps showing a visual focus border around the area with the focus would help so you can use keystrokes in specific areas of Stykz, but it would have to be both recognizable and aesthetically pleasing (you don't want to work on a document where a thick lime green border is bouncing from region to region or palette to palette)...
stykzman
Site Admin

Postby NourMNabil-Ashareef on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:10 am

i just want text and one window. but not like pivot.
NourMNabil-Ashareef
Getting started

Postby Jess887cp on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 am

NourMNabil-Ashareef wrote:i just want text and one window. but not like pivot.

Text? Anyway, I'm pretty sure a one-windowed version is on... THE LIST.
Jess887cp
Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Stykz Development Roadmap